Health

We are committed to improving the health of vulnerable people around the world. With your generous support, we are able to actively improve the quality of life for people who are suffering – sometimes, a simple procedure or course of treatment has the ability to provide benefits for many years into the future.


Zakat Applicable

Kidney Dialysis Treatment

We provide free dialysis for those with Advanced Kidney Failure, helping vulnerable people who are suffering to overcome the burden of financial worries on top of ill health.

Key Statistics

182%

Increase in death rates in 2013 from chronic kidney disease

2M

People in Pakistan are suffering from various forms of kidney diseases

20,000

Pakistani’s die of kidney failure each year

12

Transplantation Centres in Pakistan

80

Formally trained Nephrologists in Pakistan for a population of 160 million compared to 5000 in USA for a population of 300 million

Thalassemia

Thalassemia is a hereditary condition which reduces the amount of haemoglobin in the body. The condition can lead to anaemia, which if left untreated, can worsen and become critical. At Al Mustafa Welfare Trust, we work to provide vital support to people who have been diagnosed with Thalassemia, helping to improve their quality of life and showing them how to manage their condition.

Thalassemia Facts

6,000

In Pakistan, 6,000 children each year are born with Thalassemia Major

70%

70% of those children die before the age of 10

90%

90% of these children come from low-income families

Blood Donation Camps

Only 4% of the world’s population has given blood, leaving a staggering 96% reliant on those donations.

In Pakistan, the average annual requirement for blood is around 1.5 million bags. To help meet this demand, we organise blood camps every month in different cities within Pakistan, with more than 38,000 registered donors around the country. It takes just one pint of blood to save up to three lives - imagine how far donations from just one camp can go?

While we encourage everyone to register as a blood donor, we especially focus on encouraging the young and explain how their donation can help save someone’s life.

The Al Mustafa Welfare Trust also provides free blood to medical patients in times of urgency, especially to Thalassemia and Dialysis patients.

Artificial Limbs

We understand how difficult life can be for those who suffer from the loss of a limb. Whether it is due to disease, accidents or amputation, the effects of losing a limb are often long-lasting and can also be traumatic.

As a result of this, we are committed to providing this essential support network for people who are suffering from the loss of a limb. We also work to provide access to medical care and prosthetic limbs, doing what we can to improve the quality of life for those who are living with the effects of losing a limb.

In Pakistan, the number of patients requiring prosthetic limbs has increased over the last six years. However, there is a stigma surrounding disability in this part of the world, and Pakistani people with disabilities often struggle to integrate effectively into their local communities.

However, this stigma does not comply with the teachings of the Qur’an and Hadith, where we are taught that everyone is equal in the eyes of Allah (SWT). This means that the disabled should be held in the same regard as the able-bodied. In fact, the Holy Qur’an narrates that the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) assisted disabled followers to allow them to attend prayers.

As Muslims, it is our duty to assist those less fortunate than ourselves. Helping us to provide essential healthcare and artificial limbs to those suffering from the loss of a limb will bring long-lasting rewards – help us to provide a better future for these vulnerable people in need.

Connect

Call us for information 0208 569 6444

Get our monthly charity updates and feedback reports on how your donations are being spent by subscribing to our newsletter.


© Copyright 2018. Al Mustafa Welfare Trust® is a registered charity in England & Wales (1118492)