Blood Donation Camps

Over 90% of total blood transfused in Pakistan is donated by the friends and relatives of patients. However, despite efforts to control the practice, around 10%–20% of the blood supply is still donated by professional donors. The concept of voluntary non-remunerated donors is mainly absent due to the lack of a blood donor recruitment and retention strategy. Donate Now

Al Mustafa Welfare Trust®

96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood. Please don’t leave it to someone else. By giving blood you can save thousands of lives so visit the nearest blood donation in your city and #giveblood.

Pakistan’s annual blood requirement is approximately 1.5 million bags, with 40% of the demand being met by the public sector. About 80% of private sector blood transfusion takes place in the major cities, including Karachi and Lahore.

Blood transfusion services in Pakistan are mostly hospital-based. There are nearly 170 public and about 450 private blood banks in the country. Pakistan is among those low-income bracket countries which suffers immensely from lack of blood donors, as just 28 of 10,000 of people donate their blood.

Pakistan also has a high burden of Thalassaemia. According to WHO estimates, 5000 children are born with Thalassaemia each year and 70,000 patients are registered with the disease. Most services for these patients are provided by private blood transfusion services run by non-governmental organizations.

Al-Mustafa Welfare Trust® organizes blood camps every month in different cities of Pakistan with more than 38,000 thousand donors around the country.

We make special efforts to encourage young people to donate blood and how their blood can save lives as well as help someone to smile again. Our Blood Bank head office is situated in Gulshan-e-Iqbal (Karachi) and operates 24 hours a day in order to deal with any urgent request for blood around the country. Al-Mustafa Welfare Trust® provide free blood to medical patients in times of medical urgency and especially to Thalassiymia and Dialysis patients.

  • Benefits of donating blood

    Prof Masood Hameed Khan, vice chancellor of the Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), said in a recent seminar that donating blood was not only helping the ailing humanity, but it also prevented the person from various diseases including HIV and hepatitis B and C. He said the university was working hard to mobilise voluntary blood donors to cater to blood demand.

    • 3

      Just 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives!

    • By donating blood you can get free medical reports of Hepatatis B, C, VDRL, HIV Aids & Malarial Parasite

    • It reduces the risk of Heart Diseases, Heart Attacks & Cancer

    Our Blood Donation campaign hashtag on facebook, google+, instagram, flickr and twitter is: #giveblood

  • Al-Mustafa Welfare Trust® Give Blood

How your donations can help

  • 1 Blood Camp

    • For £500.00 you can help towards the cost of one blood camp
  • Blood Camp Contribution

    • For £250.00 you can help contribute towards half the cost of one blood camp

Make your Monthly or One-Off Donation

Monthly Donation

To make a monthly donation simply choose the monthly amount from the drop down list, click “add to cart” then you will be directed to your shopping cart page where you can view/amend your cart and then click “proceed to checkout”. If you wish to enter your own amount then choose “Other” from the Amount dropdown list.

[xyz-ihs snippet=”secure-donation-tab”][/xyz-ihs]

One-Off Donation

To make a one-time donation simply choose the amount from the drop down list, click “add to cart” then you will be directed to your shopping cart page where you can view/amend your cart and then click “proceed to checkout”. If you wish to enter your own amount then choose “Other” from the Amount dropdown list.


[xyz-ihs snippet=”secure-donation-tab”][/xyz-ihs]